What is the Kaplan Leadership Program looking for in an applicant?
The Kaplan Leadership Program is looking for students that understand the importance of a great education in building a successful career. If you are a high achiever with ambitions to challenge yourself and become a leader in your profession and community, apply! We are looking for students that meet the following criteria:
- Achievement and Academic Ability: Possess a strong academic record: consistent course enrollment, degree progress, and competitive grades in an Associate's Degree granting program.
- Financial need: Eligible for Federal Pell and/or NY State TAP grant(s).
- Persistence: Proven record of success by persevering through personal, academic and professional challenges.
- Leadership: Able to take initiative and prioritize a path to meet and exceed personal, academic, and professional expectations.
- Desire to help others: Be an engaged global citizen, committed to putting your skills, abilities and passion to work in order to improve the lives of others and address the needs of society as a whole.
All applicants to the Kaplan Leadership Program must meet the following qualifications for consideration:
- Be a current student enrolled in an accredited Associate's degree program in the New York City area
- Earned a Minimum GPA of 3.5 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Completed 24 to 30 non-remedial college credits by the end of your Spring 2019 semester*
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Qualify for federal and/or state financial aid
- Be Black/African American, Hispanic/Latino, or Native American
- Committed to transferring to a Bachelor's program immediately upon completion of Associate's degree
Click (here) to start your application today!