What is the Kaplan Leadership Program looking for in an applicant?
The Kaplan Leadership Program is looking for students that understand the importance of a great education in building a successful career. If you are a high achiever with ambitions to challenge yourself and become a leader in your profession and community, apply! We are looking for students that meet the following criteria:
- Achievement and Academic Ability: Possess a strong academic record: consistent course enrollment, degree progress, and competitive grades in an Associate's Degree granting program.
- Financial need: Eligible for Federal Pell and/or NY State TAP grant(s).
- Persistence: Proven record of success by persevering through personal, academic and professional challenges.
- Leadership: Able to take initiative and prioritize a path to meet and exceed personal, academic, and professional expectations.
- Desire to help others: Be an engaged global citizen, committed to putting your skills, abilities and passion to work in order to improve the lives of others and address the needs of society as a whole.
All applicants to the Kaplan Leadership Program must meet the following qualifications for consideration:
- Be a current student enrolled in an accredited Associate's degree program in the New York City area
- Earned a Minimum GPA of 3.5 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Completed 24 to 30 non-remedial college credits by the end of your Spring 2017 semester*
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Qualify for federal and/or state financial aid
- Be Black/African American, Hispanic/Latino, or Native American
- Committed to transferring to a Bachelor's program immediately upon completion of Associate's degree
*If you will have earned more than 30 credits towards your degree by Spring 2017, but will be enrolled during Fall 2017 and meet all the other requirements, you are eligible to apply.
Click (here) to start your application today!