Smith College, C’11, Bachelor’s Degree in Government, concentration in Third World Development with a focus on Latin America
Borough of Manhattan Community College, C‘09, Associate of Arts Degree in Liberal Arts
Vassar College, 2008 Exploring Transfer
Current Employment: Director of Partnerships, Cypress Hills Local Development Corporation
Big Dream: Nolvia believes in the transformative power of education and is an avid supporter of educational equity at an international level. As a Dominican and a proud Latina, Nolvia would like to play an instrumental role in connecting students and their families to resources, while focusing on forging relationships with community-based organizations that best suit the needs of the families.
Leadership Activities and Recognitions:
- Fellowship for Emerging Leaders in Public Service, NYU Wagner
- Urban Education Fellow, Smith College
- Student Senator & Junior Class Representative, Smith College Advisement Curriculum Development
- Intern, A Mother's Wish Foundation, Dominican Republic
- Conference Chair, Nosotras, Smith College
- Intern, PequeñosPasitos, Dominican Republic.
- Intern, Dominican Stock Exchange
- Alumni, Latinas Learning to Lead, National Hispana Leadership Program